Amazing flavour combinations make this dish a real winner!
- 12 small lamb loin chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp coarsely crushed coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp coarsely crushed cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges and mint leaves, to serve
MINTY FETA DIP
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 80 grams Greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine lamb chops, 2 tbsp olive oil, dried herbs, spices, garlic, rind and juice in a bowl, season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well to combine. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for a few hours.
- For minty feta dip, process ingredients in a small food processor until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate until required.
- Drain lamb chops from marinade. Preheat a char-grill pan or frying pan over medium-high heat and cook lamb chops, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked to your liking (4-5 minutes for medium). Transfer to a plate, Cover loosely with foil and rest for a couple of minutes then serve scattered with fresh mint and with lemon wedges to squeeze over, along with minty feta dip.
Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Lamb.