Everyone loves a BBQ steak when it's cooked to perfection. Follow this recipe, paying attention to bringing the steak to room temperature prior to cooking and allowing the steak to rest once cooked, and you'll have a deliciously succulent T-Bone steak!
- 4 T-bone steaks
- 2 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely grated
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 whole corn in husks
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Remove the steaks from the fridge about 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the salt, celery, chilli and fennel seeds on the prepared tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salt mixture is light golden and celery dry. Cool on tray. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat a char-grill to hot. Pull back the husks on corn, but do not remove. Brush corn cobs with the butter, then sprinkle with chives. Season. Cover the cobbs with their husks again and twist at the ends. Char-grill or barbecue for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
- Season the steaks with a little of the chilli and celery salt mixture. Cook steaks on same char-grill for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or cook until your liking. Transfer to serving plates and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the steak and corn with extra chilli and celery salt to season.
Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Beef.